1) to govern, rule, run a country
2) a civilized country
3) one's mother, native country
4) a host-neighboring country
5) developing; third-world; underdeveloped countriesrural area
6) the back country
7) open; rough, rugged country (in open country)
8) in the country (to live in the country)misc.
9) (BE) to go to the country ('to hold a general election')* * *['kʌntrɪ]native countryneighboring countryrun a countrythird-worldunderdeveloped countryiesrugged country (in open country)['nation'] to govern['rural area'] the back countrya civilized countrya hostdevelopingone's mother['misc. '] (BE) to go to the country ('to hold a general election')in the country (to live in the country)
Combinatory dictionary. 2013.