1) to carry on, conduct, wage; launch, mount, organize a campaign
2) an active, vigorous; feeble, weak; whirlwind campaign
3) an advertising; anti-smoking; educational; election, political; membership; military; national, nationwide; public-relations; smear; whispering; whistle-stop; write-in campaign
4) the campaign got off to a good start; the campaign fizzled (out)
5) a campaign against; for (the campaign against smoking; a campaign for equal rights)
6) a campaign to + int. (a campaign to curb alcoholism)IIv.
1) to campaign vigorously
2) (D; intr.) to campaign against; for* * *[kæm'peɪn]anti-smokingeducationalfeeblefornationalnationwideorganize a campaignpoliticalpublic-relationsvigorouswhirlwind campaignwhisperingwhistle-stopwrite-in campaignthe campaign fizzled (out)(D: intr.) to campaign againsta campaign againstan activean advertisingthe campaign got off to a good startto carry onto campaign vigorouslya campaign to + inf. (a campaign to curb alcoholism)
Combinatory dictionary. 2013.